Sunday, December 7, 2008

Couple a things...



I got myself a pork cutlet with mashed potato's and mushroom gravy TV dinner to eat this evening. Nicholas is in Atlantic City tonight and the kids weren't here for the split pea soup I made last night so they just had that.

Picture this: My meal 'dings' in the microwave and as I peel back the cellophane from my steamy dinner I happen to remember the 2 liter of Pepsi Nicholas and I bought. I smile a bit as I excitedly think about how perfectly it is going to go with my tv dinner as only an ice cold Pepsi can! (No pun intended)

When I opened the fridge though, I was greeted with an all too familiar sight!
All but a quarter of an inch of that 2 liter remained on the top shelf as if mocking me.

So I doodled. MUWAHAHAHAHA!

They all look guilty.





Insight from the Knight Kitchen



I pulled the rest of our Thanksgiving leftovers out of the fridge and set them on the counter earlier today.

I didn't clean em' (as you can see) I just pulled them out. Which was, in a sense, meant to (eventually) force my own hand, as I could no longer fully ignore them the same way I could when they were hidden behind closed refrigerator doors.

As I stood staring at the fridge trying to decide who slammed my damn Pepsi, I looked to these dirty tubs with angst and disgust and just as I thought I had better resign myself to cleaning those nasty things out, it occurred to me all at once (the way of epiphanies!) that if I just threw them all out I could replace each and every one of them for no more than $6 bucks!

Thats cheaper than a maid.



No comments:

Post a Comment