Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hiya! I am writing my blog today from a Southwest airlines flight to Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport. I have on my Nano and the Eagles are currently singing Pretty Maids All In a Row” to me.
I sincerely love to sing this song so it’s hard to hold my tongue- as it’s sooooooo tempting to belt it out… but I’m crammed into the middle seat here on the plane, which makes it a little easier to restrain myself.

I don’t know what the deal is with Southwest now –a- days?

It seems to me that it hasn’t been that long really since I flew Southwest, (has it?) but it was all different this time. Apparently they don’t give you seat assignments anymore and it’s first come first serve?

What’s up with that?
Also, the way they board is all screwy now.


I’m traveling with my boss this trip and she thought we were in the wrong line so we moved back a line looking for the “B” section. She had B40 to my B47.

We found the “B” line and stood there chatting for a few minutes, but after a couple of announcements I figured out that the line we were in was actually headed to California and that wasn’t going to work for us since we are due in Scottsdale at 8:30 in the morning.

We made it back to our line in plenty of time though and had a little laugh over it. She said she and her husband were both relieved that I was willing to drive us through Phoenix – lol- which made me laugh because I knew if Nicholas was sipping a beverage at that moment he would have spit it all down his shirt since my driving tends to freak him out! I just smiled and said “Aww it’s no problem.”
After all I AM an accomplished driver. (am)



SO now I am at my hotel. It’s a Courtyard and I have a nice room with a balcony! My bed looks really comfy and in a minute I am going to crawl into it! I only wish my love was here with me.
He was/is really excited about his trip and so I want it to be everything that he wanted, for him- he is a man meant to explore big cities and I hope to explore most of them with him too- but I miss him tonight and I wish he was near me, for me.


I opened up the door to my hotel room balcony while I was talking to him for a few minutes just before he went to bed and then I just went ahead and left the door open which I am fully enjoying right this moment because it feels COMPLETELY delicious outside!

I can reeeeeeeeally appreciate balmy weather.

The other night at home before Nicholas left for DC- it wasn’t exactly balmy out, no... unusually chilly for May actually, but it was totally gusty- spring time in Kansas GUSTY and I was in heaven getting to sleep with Nicholas in that crazy weather! Ahhhh.


I stayed in a room EXACTLY like this with my folks when my Uncle died, I guess a little over a year ago, I would never have remembered us staying in a Courtyard hotel, but I slept on the couch bed and it was exactly like the one I have in my room now – so each time I look around the room I remember sitting over there on the couch and talking to my Mom who was on the right side of the bed and my Dad who got in on the left and had control of the remote- and it keeps feeling to me as if I am in that same spot which feels kindof bizarre since we really weren't here.


Weird wild stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment