Friday, May 2, 2008

On Wook & Tony

Yesterday, my sweet lovers blog got noticed by Tony's Kansas City. He told me about it because it made him happy that he was noticed,
(I could tell) and late this morning I scrolled through Tony's site until I saw it myself.


Recognition!


I was duly impressed.

It said:


New Blog: Old School

Great new local blog I just found . . . Awesome design, lots of local content. Check it out.
posted by Tony Permalink 1 Comment


Tony has good taste I guess. Go figure?

N's writing voice was one of the very very tippety top first things that I fell in love with about him.

I don't even know why exactly- he is just so unique!

I absolutely loved to read his thoughts! Not just his writing to me mind you but all sorts of forums, his own and other peoples. I actually met him on KCSingles and the thing that motivated me to communicate with him in the first place was the flavor of his posts in their forums.

Here is an early example of his extremely attractive style in the form of an invitation to some of his buds:



From:Send an Instant Message "My Lover"
Subject: Poker Night Part Deux
To:"Everyone"




Afternoon Ya'LL!

Poker night my house this friday the 5th Of march.
(tomorrow).

7pm - til the cows come home.

Food is supplied. Drinks are--however I don't have
fancy schmancy beer- just Bud Light and that wuss beer
leftover from my party-- the 'Ultra Carb
Beer"...perfect for Durg.

RULES

- No Black Jack. I know I started it last time but--
my bad.
- Limit of 3 raises per hand. Cumulative.
- 5 dollar buy in. We can raise it later if everyone
agrees.

RULES over.

Please feel free to bring a friend, date or
whomever...

If theres more than the normal amount of peeps.. i.e.
me, durg, jurn, jum and Banky-- and your friends or
dates do not wanna play for money we can set up a
friendly game of poker.

Alix is planning to play for money--

So-- please RSVP ASAP don't be a SQUARE!

And since Jurn has like 20 different email accounts
someone please fwd this if the above address is wrong.

Questions? Reply back or Call- home or
work or.... Yahoo Message Me.



Thanks

Her Lover

P.S. If not enough peeps show up - Banky is bringing
RISK to play. OR we can have a "Heavy Metal" movie
watch..or "Fight Club" watch.
All of which Alix loves
to watch...she's a girls MAN!

cyaz!!

See?

Is he adorable or what?


When I was reading his various posts it was as if I was peering at a different aspect of him- kind of like viewing him from "above" and in following along with his posts and persona's it all painted a more full and detailed picture of him than I could ever have absorbed from talking to him alone.
He is pleasantly cynical, dry, funny, smart... knows tid bits about every kind of thing- things which I don't care in the least to try and cram into my own skull but am thrilled like a happily clapping child that
he does, every time that he rattles off another unimportant, geographical, historical or little known fact; he's brilliant.




On a more recent note...

For dinner tonight I made shrimp scampi for the first time EVER!
It was totally awesome! I made homemade Alfredo-florentine

Nicholas said it was just like a restaurant- better even.


Here is the recipe I Googled.

It was totally easy and the garlic was super yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment