Saturday, July 12, 2008

MEmercials!



It is amazing to me the way this particular scrunching spray can re-create with your nose hairs, a frosty, well below freezing morning just by accidentally inhaling slightly as you spray your hair....

It is my opinion that Aussie Scrunching Spray works a lot better than most regular hair sprays at freezing your hair in place... and isn't that what we are going for?










Dean & Deluca

I love shopping at Dean & Deluca!



I was just there buying our dinner, like, a day ago- and as I strolled out to my car in the warm dusky sunshine- simple, crisp white Dean & Deluca bag with two, clean, paper wrapped roast beef sandwiches topped by horseradish sauce, sharp cheddar cheese and several big chunks of zuchini squash gingerly nestled between two pieces of rosemary and olive oil bread inside, swaying back and forth with my stride....

Past lovely people, couples mostly, quietly picnicking at the little round tables that are sprinkled around Dean & Deluca with a light breeze blowing relaxing waves through the tree's branches that were gently bobbing over head and creating dappled and fleeting shadows on the pavement as I walked; all of which, along with my terrific thirst, inspired my first glorious sip of blueberry tea. Ahhh.

Blueberry tea.


Finger tips to door handle I paused to take it all in, just a moment longer, before swinging my bag into the front seat and retiring to my own seat to sip more blueberry tea from above my steering wheel.

Looking out the windshield at the swaying branches and sunlight playing off the heads of the quiet people in front of me- this is what I thought:

"EVERYTHING is
sooo over priced at Dean & Deluca-
MAN!

It's really funny to me that I don't mind paying $30. for 2 sandwiches and a 12 ounce bottle of tea.

It's the wrappers....

Has to be.

The plainly wrapped specialty items call out to me as if they were designed just for me and even though I am paying $5. for a plastic bottle of blueberry tea, I walk out feeling really good about myself anyway and I savor
every expensive drop that I feel good about buying."











LOL!




Nicholas got us tickets to go and see Missy Higgins for my Birthday.
It's not my Birthday yet and the concert is after my Birthday but it is an EXCELLENT Birthday present! We saw Missy Higgins playing live at Homers music store in Omaha. She was playing a key board and singing to a small crowd and we were just getting ready to head back home so I bought her cd and we listened to it most of the way home and have loved her ever since and I am VERY excited to get to go to her concert! If you haven't checked her out yet- you should!




























Forecast is: Avocado BLISS!


It seems to be yummy avocado season again!

Hoorah!

I am a self proclaimed avocado addict and all of the avocados I have purchased and eaten in the past two weeks have been incredible. They are mellow, with a hearty avocado-y nuttiness when they have reached perfect ripeness that is a state of avocado which I long for during the GOOD avocado droughts throughout most of the rest of the year.





Run buy a beautiful Avocado today! You'll be happy you did~






Positive Mood Tip #62



If you are over weight and want to stay in a positive mood:

DO NOT GO TRY ON CLOTHES THAT YOU THINK MIGHT LOOK CUTE ON YOU.





Just don't.



It'll help.





Positive Mood Tip #63



It turns out if you are overweight and wear a black t-shirt with a large boom box placed directly over your breasts it is actually somewhat slimming.





Try it!

It'll help.



The following are pics of our amazing yard mushroom.
One day it was a little teeny- though perfectly shaped yard mushroom that was growing in a line of mushrooms, just ahead of two others along the side of our house- pretty close to the back yard.

No more than a day later it had blown up into this Grand daddy whomper of a mushroom that I will share with you in the pictures to follow:




Isn't he lovely?


Don't my pictures look professional?





Here, I'll post more~



I was telling Nicholas, that it was too funny to me that when I pulled up into our driveway, home again from my trip to get my eye brows waxed and find the "perfect" little salsa dancing tank top; I saw that there was an adorable baby bunny hiding out from the rain, underneath our amazing yard mushroom.




I had intended for about the past 24 hours to get outside and make sure that I took a picture of our amazing mushroom before it got all shriveldy somehow or we had to mow it up. Imagine my satisfaction at doing so!

Please ignore the tall strands of grass in the picture (by the way) interestingly, the length the grass is actually an illusion created by the amazing mushroom itself; making it look as if our grass is longer than it truly is....

Note in the bottom right picture blow, how the amazing mushroom closely resembles a flying saucer. Unsettlingly close similarity...

There has been a great deal of speculation in recent days that it may be because of this similarity that the amazing mushroom has lassoed the ability to increase the look and texture of ordinary yard grass.


Amazing.

Fact:
When I went outside to take these pictures both of our neighbors across the street and next door were outside and they all said "hello" to me as I carefully made my way around the corner of our house.

Fact: I responded by saying "hello" to all 4 of them and then I told them what I planned to do by taking a picture of our mushroom. I also smiled.

Fact: The neighbors across the street then asked: "Is that a real mushroom?"
To which I responded: "You bet it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment