Saturday, July 19, 2008

OVER SALAD


So we are eating lunch at Red Lobster and the waiter brings us all out our salads.

Meg and Ash get Caesar salads and Nicholas and I get the regular salads, him with Blue Cheese and me with Ranch. A couple of bites in and the conversation goes like this:

Ash: Is there fish in Caesar salad?

Nicholas and I: Wha? No, no.

Me: Why?

Ash (matter of factly with a shrug) : I was just wondering what kind of fish there is in Caesar salad cuz my breath always smells like fish after I eat it.

Nicholas and I (lauhing loudly) : There's NO fish in Caesar salad!

Meg: Mom says there is.....

2 comments:

  1. Well...Mom could have been right! Today's commercial Caesar salads often don't have fish in them, but the classic ones made by gourmet restaurants often have anchovies (small fish) in them, or the dressing more commonly has anchovy paste in it.

    I'm not sure that Red Lobster qualifies as gourmet, but they probably at least have some anchovy in the dressing. That would account for Ash thinking that he smells like fish.

    So...all moms are right once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEADS LEARNING EXPERIENCE!

    (Egads!) ((hehe))

    Now I know- but to clear my Mother's soul I must add that I didn't post the part about "MOM SAID" to belittle the kids Mom. I said it because I think it's funny how quick our kids will hang us out to dry and I thought the entire conversation was adorable.

    When you have teens there are less adorable things said.
    (I'm right about that)

    ReplyDelete