Friday, June 20, 2008

A day in the life...

Tim McGraw
Tim McGraw Remove performer from this event
When Tim McGraw debuted in the early '90s, few would have predicted that he would eventually take over Garth Brooks' position as the most popular male singer in country music. Yet that's exactly what he did, thanks to a string of multi-platinum albums, a high-profile marriage to...
Jason Aldean
Jason Aldean Remove performer from this event
Country singer and guitarist Jason Aldean was born in Macon, GA, in 1977. His parents separated when he was three years old, and he spent his childhood with his mother in Macon through the school year while spending the summers with his father in Homestead, FL.
Halfway to Hazard
Halfway to Hazard Remove performer from this event
Halfway to Hazard is a rock-influenced country duo featuring Chad Warrix on vocals, guitar, and mandolin and David Tolliver on vocals and guitar. Warrix and Tolliver both grew up in small towns in southeastern Kentucky, and enjoyed remarkably similar lives -- they were raised in...

Tuesday Nicholas took he and I to yet another concert in the corporate suite at the Sprint Center! It was a very awesome show and I really enjoyed it! Especially Tim McGraw though. I did know and like a couple songs from Halfway to Hazard and Jason Aldean but it was Tim McGraw that I was excited to see int he first place and I was hoping all along I would get to hear my favorite song LIVE- and I did!

I was talking to a friend from work a few days ago while we were waiting for everyone to arrive for our morning stand up meeting. She had told me that she saw Mr. McGraw a couple of years ago. She said he was so upset over his brother being in Iraq that he spoke about him and the war for 45 minutes of his show and she was uber disappointed, but that wasn't my experience at all.

He shot right through the most recent songs, snuck in 3 or 4 new songs which were pretty cool and played several super important "oldie" favorites, saving my super duper oooper fav for his second to last song!

I was sooooooooo excited for him to sing it that I screamed and sprang from my seat and would probably have flapped my arms and clucked like a chicken too if it wasn't for the fact Nicholas' boss and his wife were right behind us.

Yes, I was that woman.

My song:
Artist: Tim McGraw
Song: "Somethin' Like That
Album:
[Buy this CD]

Complimentary RingtoneComplimentary “"Somethin' Like That” RingtoneComplimentary Ringtone

It was labor day weekend,
I was seventeen,
I bought a Coke and some gasoline;
And I drove out to the county fair.

When I saw her for the first time,
She was standin' there in the ticket line;
And it all started right then and there.

Oh the sailor sky made a perfect sunset,
And that's a day I'll never forget!

I had a barbeque stain on my white T-shirt,
She was killin' me in that mini-skirt;
Skipping rocks on the river by the railroad tracks.
She had a sun-tan line and red lipstick,
I worked so hard for that first kiss;
And a heart don't forget something like that.

Well, it was five years later on a south-bound plane,
I was headed down to New Orleans;
To meet some friends of mine for the Mardi Gras.

When I heard a voice from the past,
Comin' from a few rows back;
And when I looked,
I couldn't believe just what I saw.

She said, "I bet ya don't remember me."
And I said, "Only every other memory!"

I had a barbeque stain on my white T-shirt,
You were killin' me in that mini-skirt;
Skipping rocks on the river by the railroad tracks.
You had a sun-tan line and red lipstick,
I worked so hard for that first kiss;
And a heart don't forget something like that."

Like an old photograph,
Time can make a feeling fade;
But the mem'ry of the first love,
Never fades away!

I had a barbeque stain on my white T-shirt,
She was killin' me in that mini-skirt;
Skipping rocks on the river by the railroad tracks.
She had a sun-tan line and red lipstick,
I worked so hard for that first kiss;
And a heart don't forget,
No!
A heart don't forget,
I said!
A heart don't forget,
Somethin' like that!
Oh, now somethin' like that!

LOVE THAT SONG!!!

Also- I love this about Nicholas:
(Which I did tell him, but I will tell you too)

Nicholas does not love Tim McGraw.
No, he doesn't.
He loves Ben Folds, he loves Cold Play and he had fun but he didn't take me because he loves Tim McGraw tunes - it was because he loves me and thats why he signed us up for the tickets for this show and I didn't even really realize this fact until I watched him trying to mouth some of the words which he didn't really know to some of the songs which he also didn't really know and it struck me as a very very VERY sweet gesture from my incredibly beautiful and sweet man and it made me very happy that he can be so thoughtful and sweet and I really appreciated it- which I told him... but now I'm telling you too.

Lucky me!


No comments:

Post a Comment