Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our poodle loves me


<--- This is not a picture of our poodle but a close cousin. Our poodle's name is Merlot. We named her that over a glass of wine at my brothers house the day Nicholas bought her for us. Nicholas also thought of her name and it made sense when he did because she was brand new and her papers said she would be red. Whenver I tell folks her name I inevitably get a raised eyebrow as if I am such a lush that I would need to name my dog in honor of the beverage. Which isn't the case, but often makes me laugh at the unoriginal nature of some people that think their assumption is theirs alone.

Now that Merlot is fully grown it turns out that she isn't so red, but she is adorable and I like her name a lot anyhow. Nicholas often comments on how she is the perfect dog for us, and she is.

Anyway I know that she loves me because she really really loves to run.
LOVES it!
And last night we were outside doing our run/walk with Megan who had Merlot's leash and was running along in front of me and I didn't feel much like running so I was just walking along swiftly with Aerosmith humming in my ears and a nice breeze blowing my hair back- (Ilove how that feels) but Merlot kept stopping to wait for me.
She would start to run (remember she loves to run) and then errrrrrrrrp- she would put on the brakes because she loves me and she didn't want to leave me behind.
*smile*

Devotion.

4 comments:

  1. I think "Merlot" was a much better choice than "Mad Dog 20/20 Grape".

    /devotion

    ReplyDelete
  2. alix-righthereathome.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh, I almost fell over when i seen this i have the same dog and i named him Merlot as well. What a small world i thought this was so cute i had to comment. I have a Maltese/Poodle and he looks the same along with the brownish ears! He is the sweetest dog ever and the same thing happens to me as well when i tell people his name, I just laugh and play along and say if that was the case i would have named him Crown Royal lol Their reaction makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete